Saturday, December 23, 2006

Man of the Year

I am on top of the world.

My people tell me women want me and men want to be me.

I am the son of of a white American mother and a black Kenyan father.

My father worked for the government of Kenya, but wrote often while I was growing up.

I went to all the best schools in Hawaii, while spending a little time helping the poor in Indonesia.

My father wasn't around so I was basically raised by my grandparents.

I am good looking.

My father worked for the government of Kenya, but wrote often while I was growing up.

I graduated from Columbia University in 1983.

My wife, Michelle and I were married that same year.

I have two children - Malia and Sasha - of whom I am very proud.

My career began as a social activist.

I was editor of the law review at my school, Harvard.

My middle name is Hussein.

I graduated and became a lawyer at age 31.

My favorite color is blue.

I am extremely attractive.

My book "Dreams from my Father: A story of Race and Inheritance" tells you slightly more about my background.

I won a Grammy in 2006 for "the spoken word" category.

My career lately has really taken off, but I haven't done anything that you know about.

I am a very public figure.

My career in elected office began in 1997 when I was elected to the Illinois State Senate.

I lost in a race for U.S. Congress in 2004.

My chief rival's name these days is Clinton; she won her Grammy in 1997.

I am adored by the media, maybe more so than my rival's husband.

My signature outfit is a suit with no tie - so I'm approachable.

I represent the people of Illinois, but have been spending time lately in NH, SC and IA.

My new book out this year is called "The Audacity of Hope: Thoughts on Reclaiming the American Dream".

I will probably win a Grammy for reading that in 2008.

My ambition seems to indicate that would not be the highlight of the year for me.

I am still virtually unknown.

My friends think I should run for President.

I think I already am.

My hope is that you will want to vote for me not for what I have done, but what I might do.

I feel having a track record can only get in the way.

My name means "blessed by God" in Arabic.

I want to be President.


Only two questions left to answer and maybe you'll let me by on the first and just answer the second: Who am I? Will you vote for me?



I am Barack Hussein Obama, Jr. and I'm running for President.




6 comments:

Unknown said...

Brilliant!! I totally agree that many seem to be swept up by Obama while knowing very little to nothing about him.

D. Scott Cooksey said...

Wasn't "Barak!" something screamed out during a song called "The Bird" by Morris Day and The Time?

Mike said...

I've been disappointed in the lack of posts Russ. You had me so excited to get a glimpse of what goes on that brain of yours then.....silence.

Mike said...

When do we get a "I told you so" post?

Mike said...

Should I stop checking this blog yet?

Mike said...

OK - how's Thursday, 9:00 am, at Starbucks on Coit and George Bush:
340 Coit Road
Plano, TX 75075